Tuesday 19 April 2011

so toms, carrots, chives, rocket and broccoli can be seen here....peeking out the back down there on the centre left is a big flat bright green leaf..... it's a banana that lives on the grey water outlet. I'm also growing calendula and marigolds in here...maybe a daisy or two as well

these are a tomato that came up in the compost.... they should be ready in a coupla weeks

thru the kitchen window

the pathways are casurina needles......very acidic and weeds hate them.....


So here you go it's - April and I have been eating out of this small area for a couple of months now.....lettuce, green and butter beans, tomatoes, chives and spring onion, broccoli, rhubarb, carrots (yes I grew carrots! yay!) and rocket...... it's really a no brainer when you think about it...I made a compost pile on top of cardboard and grew veges and flowers in it.... it will all turn into soil and all I need do is add more to it... so going out today to rake up the slashings and collect the roo poo to try that out next! I am planting out the brassicas again, flat leaf parsley, beetroot, more carrots, greens for winter - cos lettuces and mizuna. My tomatoes are still going....Go for it!