Tuesday 6 February 2007

part of the backyard Jan07

1. henhouse and yurt
Part of the backyard with a henhouse made from a childs swingset and a handbuilt wooden yurt. - The cable is power to the yurt. I'd much rather have garden than grass, but as I rent, I've been limited on space to turn to food production. I grow flowers amongst my veges as they are great predetor attractors as well as for bees for pollination. The corn you can see up the back is a Hawaiin variety and has reached 7 foot already! I look forward to seeing what the cobs will be like.
2. back door, laundry, bathroom & toilet
The back door, filled with potted plants and sitting space. Made some extra shade with a spare post and rails with shadecloth attached. It's high enough to let in light for winter. The outside dunny is a tad cold in winter.