Sunday 13 April 2008

More pics of my place April 08

The bananas are doing well at the bottom of the slope in this yard. I swaled the vege garden so all water eventually stops at the banana garden. I also grew sweet potatoes, silverbeet, parsley and tomatoes under the them.
The chook yard is almost invisible under the pumpkin vines.
It doesn't take long for healthy plants to take over.
This is the begining of the summer crop of tomatoes and pumpkins in the chook yard extension.
Before I added the extension of the chook yard

Well I've been flat out getting the permie business(http://www.lusciouslandscapes.com/) off the ground and have had little time to get on the blog. But I realised that I need to show you how the garden is growing....Amazing how time flies when your having fun.
The Chook yard was over run with tomatoes and pumpkins during the summer months and I now have the chooks back in there for the Autumn breakdown. Some sad news about the cute and fluffy one (Remy). Lost him to a tick in October...very sad and the garden is so quiet without him.
Just entering a new phase of my permie business with bigger better paying work coming in with the influx of city escapees buying into our little farming community and wanting to do the 'right thing' by applying sustainable principles to the land.
If you are thinking of entering into business with your own permaculture ideas I urge all of you to do your homework, market research and business plan before launching yourself out there. It really pays off to know where and how you stand when entering into a small business activity. There are small business workshops and support networks in most regional towns and cities. And if you can apply for a NEIS grant, go for it. Every little bit helps.